‘FEARLESS & FREE SAFARI’
We're headed to Tanzania!
Join us for a safari that gives back to the local community starting from Arusha Tanzania.
An adventure guaranteed to create more clarity, confidence & fearlessness in your life, so that you can thrive with whatever life brings & follow your true purpose!
November 3rd-November 16th 2023
We’re taking you on a 14 day//13 night all-inclusive adventure into Tanzania’s most well loved spots including the Serengeti and the Ngorongoro crater, with some hidden gems sprinkled along the way only locals know about!
This is an all inclusive, luxury experience with a day of our adventure dedicated to giving back to the Ikirwa School. We’ll be staying in 4 & 5 star hotel & lodging accommodations (outside of camping two nights during our service at the school) and while in the Serengeti we’ll be staying inside luxury camping set-ups with professionally prepared meals included 3x a day throughout the entirety of your trip.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT TO GAIN FROM ATTENDING THIS RETREAT?
Greater clarity on your purpose and gained inner confidence to show up with authenticity and fearlessness in your life, so that you can live with JOY & FLOW daily
- Expanded awareness on what’s possible and understanding on how to go beyond past limitations that have kept you stuck in habitual routines that aren’t serving your highest good
- Dopamine rushes from connecting with such potent nature and wildlife, as well as communities living off of the land who are guaranteed to inspire you to live simpler
- Understanding and appreciation of the Tanzanian friendly and welcoming culture
- A complete “re-set” of your nervous system so that you can return home with gratitude and appreciation for a well lived life
- Fearlessness to completely CHANGE AND TRANSFORM into a better version of yourself
- New life-long friends who will inspire you and keep you on track for living your best life
SNEAK PEAK INTO DAY 1 // Arrival November 3rd, 2023
- We will kick start this adventure at the Mt. Kilimanjaro airport (or Arusha, Tanzania) where you will be picked up with a basket of goodies to welcome you “Karibu”!
- You’ll be escorted by our Safari Driver to the local Hot Springs to soak off jet lag and get acclimated to the rich environment that Tanzania has to offer.
- Soaking in the springs, you will experience low hanging canopy trees creating a cove for you to relax and enjoy the warm water coming down from Mt. Kilimanjaro, your view
- Once you feel refreshed and ready to go, we’ll drive to Arusha, Tanzania to your hotel accommodations. We will be staying at Kibo Palace Hotel for your first night
- We’ll have a Welcome Dinner at hotel Gran Melia nearby (where we’ll stay our last night in Arusha) and go over the retreat itinerary and ensure you get all of your questions answered, including local customs to keep in mind while traveling within Tanzania
- The next day we will stock with any essentials you may have forgotten and head out to our Safari adventure. Get the full itinerary details below & learn more*
THE STORY: Why Tanzania?
In 2014 Meredith, FlowJam Founder & Holistic Business Coach for Entrepreneurs, went to a village outside of Arusha, Tanzania to volunteer at the Ikirwa school, teaching Yoga. From this experience, she saw what’s possible when you never take “no” for an answer and learn to thrive through any obstacle. This is what she saw in the founder of the school, Gasper Mbise. With his “never give up” attitude he built and developed the school in his own backyard, and from this she saw how transformational homegrown projects like these are for the community. This planted the seed for FlowJam, the backyard fundraiser turned East Coast Healing Arts Festival.
After returning to D.C from Africa in 2014, she continued working at the World Bank inside the education sector. Here she saw a HUGE opportunity to do things differently through grassroots movements vs. large scale government projects. Eventually, the cards played out for her to finally end the toxic cycles of consulting for an institution stuck in old paradigms and she went to full-time entrepreneur and festival producer.
Almost 9 years later, in January 2022, she had the opportunity to return to the school, see the progress, meet new faculty and share yoga and movement with the kids. She also went on a 10 day Safari throughout Tanzania’s most well loved spots, and intentionally planned this SEVA Safari to give you the BEST cultural experience there is to offer, in a fun, exciting, safe and luxurious way. She had the pleasure of meeting the people who you’ll be on tour with including the chef and his 5 star quality food, Edrik the driver who shared the history and specifics of each safari animal’s behavior along with their natural terrain, as well as the history of any local tribal community group we encountered.
During this Safari we will also be guided by Gasper, the founder of the Ikirwa school and Neeko tours. This trip offers a unique opportunity for you to connect with the roots of humanity and transform your own life by stepping into a brand new and wild cultural experience that will propel you in the direction of your soul’s calling, and/or re-affirm your path and re-ignite your passions.
WHO IS THIS TRIP FOR?
We’re calling in 5 (8 max) adventurous souls who want to experience the World’s best sites & guides touring within the beauty of the most vast national parks on Earth, with animals only found in this region.
This is for you if…
You’re an Adventurous entrepreneur who wants to experience Tanzania as part of a small, organized group trip
You’re someone who needs an adventure, feels stuck, and needs to re-energize yourself after the pandemic
You’ve done all the things, great career, family, kids, yet, you never found time to tap into and intentionally connect to your higher purpose, to learn what brings you absolute joy
- You’re ready to stop living a stale and comfortable life that is safe (but perhaps a little mundane?) and is ready to add adventure
- You’re ready to release old programming and step into more soul-aligned living to have freedom to JUST BE
- Your soul is calling you to step out of your comfort zone and experience a once in life-time opportunity that will change your life and your perspective on what’s possible for it
- You’re willing to let go and embrace a new culture and way of being so that you can truly experience the magnitude of this diverse landscape, wildlife and friendly culture
- You want a catered experience of adventure mixed with luxury with trusted guides who know which spots are THE BEST and are there every step of the way to ensure you have a fun, safe, and priceless experience.
- You enjoy watching the wildest of wild life and are ready to see the BIG FIVE, lions, Leopard, Buffalo, Rhinos and Elephants (and so much more!)
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR ADVENTURE AROUND THE BEST PARTS OF TANZANIA?
Below you’ll get a taste of what’s to come during our time together. This excursion will be led by Safari guide Gasper and FlowJam’s founder Meredith Walsh. We’ll have a seasoned driver Edrik who with 20+ years experience as a guide & driver along with a 5 star chef preparing our meals with fresh local foods daily. This experience is curated in collaboration with Neeko Tours, the local Safari company founded in 2018 by Gasper. He has equipped us with the best driver & chef in the business, so that we are 100% taken care of by trusted local professionals throughout the entirety of the trip.
The adventure guaranteed to create more clarity, confidence & fearlessness in your life,
so that you can thrive with whatever life brings you!
TRIP HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- Expert guide and driver throughout the entirety of the trip in a Land Cruiser
- 4 Nights at a Luxury tent camp site with lounge & dining spaces in the Serengeti
- 2 Nights at a Luxury Lodge on the Rim of the Ngorongoro Crater
- 4-5 star accommodations everywhere along our journey including in Arusha
- Welcome//Departure Dinner in Arusha
- Sunsets and sunrises in the Serengeti and on the Ngorongoro crater rim
- Waking up to Elephants & Buffalo grazing near our lodging
- Swimming in the hot springs that flow from Mt. Kiliminjaro
- Morning Hunt with the Bushmen by Bow and Arrow & spears
- Campfire stories under the stars
- Giving back to the Ikirwa school to include movement classes, reading and playing games with the kids
- Professional chef prepping 3 fresh meals daily
- Hiking and biking through Banana fields and soaking in waterfalls along the Rift Valley
- Cultural excursions into the Masai, Datoga and Makonde tribal communities to learn local traditions and customs, where you will have the opportunity to buy their hand made artisans & jewelry
- Coffee, wine and beer tasting at local farms
- Movement and meditation classes at each destination to stretch & reflect on our journey
- Expert local guides at each destination, including our personal guides traveling with us throughout the entirety of the trip
- Shopping excursions to bring back high-quality gifts for you and your loved ones
- Pre & post group calls to prepare you for the trip and to help integrate you once you’ve returned
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- International Flight (ex. D.C to Mt. Kilimanjaro est $900-1200 RT) we recommend using skyscanner.com for your booking details; Book flights to Arrive November 3rd before 1pm and depart November 16th after 10am
Tip for the Driver, Chef & Guides *recommended 5-8% or aprox $100 each*
Outside shopping purchases
Alcohol, soft drinks & food outside of planned meals 3x daily
Taxis or Tuk Tuks outside of our planned excursions
Optional Sunrise Hot air Balloon Tour over the Serengeti
Any COVID related testing needed for flights ** We will take you to get a COVID test upon departing, this is $50 and is done in Arusha, Tanzania**
Travel Visa upon Arrival at Mt. Kilimanjaro airport valid for entry for 1 year (**$100 for U.S citizens, $50 for Europeans)
WHAT’S INCLUDED DURING YOUR 14-DAY ADVENTURE?
- All inclusive transport to & from the airport at Mt. Kilimanjaro or Arusha Tanzania to hotel (with stop over to the local Hot springs) & driver throughout the entirety of the trip
- Professionally prepared meals 3x a day and 1-2 Liter bottled water daily throughout the entirety of our trip including a Welcome Dinner at the Gran Mela, a 5-star hotel in Arusha (where we will be staying November 15th, on our last night) and Goodbye Dinner at a local restaurant
- All 4-5 star accommodation during your stay to include Hotels, Lodges while in the Ngorongoro Crater, and Luxury Camping while in the Serengeti
- All planned Excursions & overnight stays into the Ngorongoro Crater & Serengeti National Parks incl. excursions with local tribes and communities; bike tour (or Tuk Tuk) through Banana fields in the Rift Valley where they grow over 17 varieties of bananas used for cooking, wine & beer; Water fall hike; Masai welcome ceremony; Hunting with Bow & Arrow with the Bushmen; Coffee and beer tasting etc.
- Overnight stay at the Ikirwa School on Gasper’s Land (camping & in-house options) dinner at Gasper’s house that night November 14th (Day 12)
- 4 Movement classes throughout our time together in covered spaces during our trip (hotel, lodges, and canopy’s)
- Pre-and Post retreat 60-min Group Call to prepare you for the adventure inclusive of recommended packing list and video
- Welcome Packet with essentials to have an easeful and fun trip
HEAR WHAT MEREDITH’S PAST RETREAT ATTENDEES ARE SAYING ABOUT THEIR RETREAT
& TRAVEL EXPERIENCES IN JANUARY OF 2022…
WHAT’S THE INVESTMENT?
14 day//13 Night Experience in Tanzania
An adventure guaranteed to create more clarity, confidence & fearlessness in your life,
so that you can thrive with whatever life brings & follow your true purpose!
NORMALLY A TRIP LIKE THIS WOULD BE WELL OVER 20K
** NOTE, NOTHING QUITE LIKE THIS SAFARI EXPERIENCE EXISTS ON THE MARKET**
….BUTTTTT BECAUSE WE’VE PERSONALLY WORKED WITH THE LOCALS AND NEGOTIATED TO GET YOU THE BEST RATE POSSIBLE WE CAN OFFER YOU THIS 5-STAR EXPERIENCE FOR ONLY…
Early Bird $7,500 (*Ends July 1st)
Reg. Investment $8,000
(OR 2 payments of $3,750// $4,000)
*a $50% non-refundable deposit is required to save your spot and the remaining due by August 1st, 2023
**PLEASE NOTE, THIS EXPERIENCE IS ONLY OPEN TO 8 people MAX** We expect to fill this retreat so do not delay if you’re interested!! Book now for this ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY!!!
CHECK OUT OUR DAILY ITINERARY
(THE CLIFF NOTE VERSION)
We will kick start this adventure at the Mt. Kilimanjaro airport (or Arusha, Tanzania) where you will be picked up with a basket of goodies to welcome you “Karibu”!
After breakfast we head to visit with members of the Makonde tribe to learn about their famous art sculptures carved from local wood (The Makonde are renowned for their prowess in wood carving. Their elaborate masks and figurines recount generational stories. And they are also known for their expressive facial tattoos.
The Makonde are a matrilineal society who trace descent through the female line. This is why women have a central place in Makonde sculpture.carvings.)
We’ll continue on to visit banana, wine and rise farms and continue on into the Serengeti.
We will game drive en route to the Serengeti and overnight in Serengeti at Katikati Tented Camp where we will have dinner and sleep for the next 3 nights
After a warm breakfast at camp we’ll have a full day game drive in the central Serengeti and return for a warm dinner at our Kati kati Tented Camp
We’ll have an early game drive for sunrise and back for breakfast. We’ll have a movement class to keep us lifted after an exciting morning and after breakfast leave with packed lunches for a full day game drive and picnic. We’ll return for a sunset dinner and spend the night at the Kati Kati tented camp
Choose between an early game drive for sunrise and back for breakfast, movement class to keep us lifted after an exciting morning and after breakfast leave with packed lunches for a full day game drive & picnic OR head to nearby lodge pool for a lazy day sipping cocktails & nibbling on treats while potentially seeing game animals below you. We’ll ALL return for a sunset dinner and spend the night at the Kati Kati tented camp
We’ll leave for a game drive through the crater in the Early morning with a packed breakfast box and lunch boxes to spend the entire day in the crater floor. Before sunset, we’ll go back to the Serena Lodge for dinner and spend the night there.
We’ll have the morning to relax and spend time at the lodge before heading out to Lake Eyasi with a packed lunch. On this day we’ll visit Lake Eyasi in the evening for sunset for dinner and overnight at a lodge on the lake (or choose tent camping)
After breakfast we’ll have a full day at Lake Eyasi with the bushman learning about their hunting and gathering practices. We’ll return to camp for a hot lunch and in the evening visit the Datoga tribe who create jewelry from melting pad locks. We will get to see this process happening. And you will have the opportunity to purchase arrows and jewelry from them. Afterward, we’ll return back to camp for dinner and overnight in tents or lodge** You will have the choice to tent or stay in a lodge during our time at Lake Eyasi
Rise & Shine! We’re starting the day Early to Hunt with the Bushmen before the sun starts to get too hot. We’ll experience how they hunt and when they catch anything, they’ll make a fire and we’ll try what we hunted!! **optional
We’ll be back to our spot near the lake for lunch and afterward we’ll drive to Arusha to spend the night at Gasper’s place for dinner and overnight in his backyard **option to stay at a hotel, or in-house.
We’ll visit the Ikirwa school and spend a day with the students. In the afternoon we’ll return to Gasper’s Place for a hot lunch and then drive to Arusha town to gift shop and buy any presents or gifts for your loved ones back home before returning to Gasper’s house for dinner and overnight **option to stay in-house or hotel
We’ll take a tour of the Ikirwa school and spend a few hours volunteering **reading with the kids, movement games, etc After our visit at the school we’ll head to the local coffee shop and get the opportunity to taste test some local beans as well as roast them ourselves! Afterward, we’re back at Gasper’s place for a hot lunch and then we’ll drive to the Gran Melia Five-star Hotel in Arusha for dinner and spend the night at the Gran Melia
We’ll eat breakfast and depart for the airport
The below carousel of photos show our various lodging destinations for the trip taken from each company’s site. Learn more about your lodging accommodations in the daily itinerary.